Cargo/posição/bolsa/Job: Bolsa de Investigação
Referência/Reference: ARDITI – SAFE RH 005
Área científica genérica/Main research field: Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction
Área científica específica/Sub research field: n/a
Texto do anúncio
A call is open for a Bachelor’s degree student at the Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação (ARDITI) of the University of Madeira (Funchal, Portugal), under the Regional Project M1420-01-0247-FEDER-000067, co-financed by “PROCiência 2020” – SAFE: Safe Football entrance [SAFE], under the following conditions:
Requisitos de admissão
The ideal candidate would be a computer engineer student or a closely related discipline with a background in one or more of the following fields: Gaming, Human-Computer Interaction, Internet of Things and Cyber Security. Experience with external sensors such as depth cameras will be a plus.
Applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, electric, electronic or tele-communications engineering or other relevant disciplines for the project;
- Strong oral and written English communication skills, people skills, the ability to work independently as well as a team member, and taking the initiative and being proactive;
- Must be enrolled to acquire a higher academic degree.
Plano de trabalhos
Develop an information and communication platform appropriate to the context of a sporting or cultural event, covering following topics:
- Control and monitoring of people's access to a specific sport/cultural space;
- Integrates ticket purchase services, QR CODE issuance and communication with entrance gates at the venue;
- Epidemiological surveillance - combating the spread of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases;
- Integrates body temperature monitoring at the entrance to the space;
- Facial recognition – prohibiting people from accessing the space who, for some reason, are prohibited from doing so (under study);
- Interactive communication platform to maximize the user experience or real context during the event – in the case of Football, providing data and facts about the game that can increase the experience of the match, also using gamification mechanisms.
Orientação científica e local de trabalho
Scientific guidance and workplace
The candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team of researchers with competencies in both technical and scientific domains. The work will be conducted at ARDITI (Funchal, Portugal), under the supervision of Prof.ª Frederica Gonçalves, with the collaboration of Pedro Campos, Karolina Baras and Eduardo Marques.
Duração da(s) bolsa(s)
The scholarship will have a length of 8 months, eventually renewable.
Subsídio de manutenção mensal
ARDITI fellowship stipend (875,98€/month) and regulations are determined by ARDITI:
Voluntary Social Security (SSV) if required, and accidents insurance are included.
Estimated contract start date:
1st November 2022.
Métodos de seleção
The selection process will be based on:
- Motivation letter (10%)
- Curriculum Vitae (25%)
- Previous experience (25%)
- Interview (40%) if there are multiple eligible candidates
Recommendation letters are facultative but can contribute positively to the evaluation.
Composição do Júri de Seleção
Prof. Doutor. Pedro Campos (President), Prof. Doutora. Frederica Gonçalves, Prof. Doutora Karolina Baras.
Documentos de candidatura
The following elements should be included in the email:
- Brief description of the candidate, research ability and research interest;
- English curriculum.
- Recommendation letters are facultative but can contribute positively to the evaluation
- Proof of enrollment in a Master degree or in a non-academic degree course integrated in the educational project of a higher education (if not already available, a sworn statement can be presented mentioning that proof of enrollment, will be presented until 27st of October 2022);
- Degree certificate.
Forma de publicitação/notificação dos resultados
Announcement of the results
An email message with the result of the recruitment process will be sent to each applicant.
Número de vagas
Instituição de acolhimento
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação.
Unidade de Investigação/ Research Institute
Data Limite de Candidatura
Application submission and deadline
• The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
• ARDITI is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
• The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
Dados de contacto da organização
Organization contact data
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação
Edif. Madeira Tecnopolo, Piso 2
Caminho da Penteada
tel. +351 291 721 220
Application deadline: October 17, 2022