Job: Bolsa de Investigação: ARDITI-MEMEX-2021-003-BIC;
Job/Fellowship Reference: ARDITI-MEMEX-2021-003-BIC;
Main research field: Visual Image and Participatory Design;
Sub research field: Digital Interactive Media Design;
A call is open for 1 (one) Research Assistant at the Interactive Technologies Institute ITI) of the ARDITI (Funchal, Portugal ), under the Project MEMEX – MEMories and EXperiences for inclusive digital storytelling, under the following conditions.
The job is part of MEMEX a RIA European H2020 Project promoting immigrants intangible heritage and social cohesion through collaborative, heritage-management tools. The concept is to provide inclusive access to tangible and intangible cultural heritage and, at the same time, facilitate encounters, discussions and interactions between communities at risk of social exclusion by welding together their fragmented experiences and memories into compelling and geolocalised storylines. The collected content will be digitalized and linked to the pre-existent European Cultural Heritage (CH) and deployed across three distinct pilots to analyze expectations from communities dislocated in three territories: i) migrant women in Barcelona (ES), communities from former colonies in Lisbon (PT) and priority neighborhoods in Paris (FR).
The main tasks of the researcher will be:
Collect state of the art and related work on cultural heritage and Augmented reality digital tools, related to the context of migrants and Cultural Heritage (tangible and intangible). The work is conducted in close collaborations with the Italian Institute of Technology, who will provide the main tools in the form of a knowledge graph and AR technologies. Question the researcher will have to investigates are: What are best and worse practices. What are the main challenges/opportunities? Draft and opportunity and specifications document in collaboration with IIT and other project partners.
The researcher will be developing the tools in close collaboration with content that is being collected and the experiences that are being designed. The researcher will work in close collaboration with the other members of the team to design, integrate assets and evaluate the tool as it is being developed.
Writing of dissemination articles
Candidates should meet the following requirements, skills and competences:
Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Master in CS/Entertainment Technologies, or related topic. If the Candidate holds a different Master Degree, and passes the first round of selections, the appropriateness can be discussed in the interview for the application;
Must be registered as a PhD student (Mandatory);
Excellent spoken and written English skills is mandatory;
Experience in related tasks;
Availability to travel to meet communities and organizations in Portugal and Europe.
The work will be conducted at ARDITI /ITI / LARSyS Portugal between the Lisbon and Madeira poles, under the direct supervision of Prof. Valentina Nisi.
The scholarship will have a length of 12 months, with a possibility of renewal until the end of the project which is 30 Nov. 2022. The grant contract is expected to start in May 2021.
How to apply:
The following elements should be included in the email:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (mandatory) with a summary of the scientific and curricular path.
- Supporting documents for academic degrees (mandatory);
- Proof of enrollment in a PhD degree;
- Optional list of projects in the area that have already participated will be a plus.
The curricular selection process will be based on:
If the interview is not performed, the final evaluation will correspond only to the Curriculum Evaluation.
Notification of results:
President: Valentina Nisi, PhD - IST, ITI / LARSyS
Member of the Jury: Vanessa Cesário PhD – ITI / LARSyS
Member of the Jury: Nuno Nunes, PhD - IST, ITI / LARSys
The final results will be published through an ordered list by final note that will be posted in a visible and public place at the ARDITI, being all candidates notified by email.
- The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
- ARDITI is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.