Cargo/posição/bolsa/Job: Bolsa de Investigação para Licenciado
Referência/Reference: ARDITI – CIRCLEFLY - 003
Área científica genérica/Main research field: Biological, Biochemical or Zootechnical Sciences
Área científica específica/Sub research field: Aquaculture
Texto de anúncio
A call is open for a Bachelor’s degree holder by Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação (ARDITI), under the Regional Project M1420-01-0247-FEDER-000047, co-financed by “PROCiência 2020” – CircleFly, business model for organic waste valorization though black soldier fly larvae use and circular economy principles application in outermost” under the following conditions:
Requisitos de admissão
The candidate should have a Bachelor degree in the field of in of Biological, Biochemical or Biomedical Sciences and must be enrolled to acquire a higher academic degree. The candidate should meet the requirements of at least four of the paragraphs below:
a. Have some academic background in fish nutrition and aquaculture;
b. Be familiar with bromatological analysis;
c. Have some experience with aquatic animal maintenance and tissue sampling;
d. Advanced knowledge of Excel, good knowledge of statistics and data analysis;
e. Be fluent in Portuguese and English, both written and spoken;
f. Availability (to be mentioned in the motivation letter).
Plano de trabalhos
ARDITI coordinates CircleFly (M1420-01-0247-FEDER-000047) R&D activities that aim to develop a sustainable aquafeed for gilthead seabream by using black soldier fly larvae as a novel ingredient. This project aims not only to maintain seabream growth performance but also final product nutritional and sensorial quality.
In this context, the candidate will mainly be involved in the following activities:
i) maintenance of the animals during the growth trials;
ii) sampling of tissues for analysis;
ii) determination of proximate analysis of ingredients, diets and biological material;
(iv) performing data analysis.
Orientação científica e local de trabalho
Scientific guidance and workplace
Paula Canada, PhD.
Duração da(s) bolsa(s)
The scholarship will have a length of 3 months.
Subsídio de manutenção mensal
ARDITI fellowship stipend (875,98 €/month) and regulations are determined by ARDITI:
Accidents insurance is included.
Estimated contract start date:
1st April 2023
Métodos de seleção
The selection process will be based on:
Evaluation of the Curriculum Vitae (70%) (CV), which will be performed according to the following criteria:
i. Average of the classification obtained in Bachelor’s degree (M) - 30%.
ii. Experience in the requested areas (animal maintenance and tissue sampling, bromatological analysis) (ERA) - 50%
iii. Availability (A) – 15%
iv. Motivation letter (ML) – 5%.
The Evaluation of the Curriculum Vitae will be performed according to the following criteria: CV = [30%M+50%ERA+15%A+5%ML]
Upon a pre-selection, an interview will be requested (IN 30%).
The final evaluation will be performed according to the equation:
Final score = 70% CV + 30% IN
Composição do Júri de Seleção
Paula Canada, PhD (CIIMAR/ARDITI)
Carlos Andrade, PhD (MARE/ARDITI)
Eng. Clemente Aguiar (ARDITI)
Documentos de candidatura
The following elements should be included in the email:
- Brief description of the candidate, research ability and research interest;
- English curriculum;
- Recommendation letters are facultative but can contribute positively to the evaluation;
- Proof of enrollment in a Master degree or in a non-academic degree course integrated in the educational project of a higher education (if not already available, a sworn statement can be presented mentioning that proof of enrollment, will be presented until 27st of March 2023);
- Degree certificate.
Forma de publicitação/notificação dos resultados
Announcement of the results
An email message with the result of the recruitment process will be sent to each applicant.
Número de vagas
Instituição de acolhimento
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação.
Data Limite de Candidatura
Application submission and deadline
- The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
- ARDITI is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
Dados de contacto da organização
Organization contact data
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação
Edif. Madeira Tecnopolo, Piso 2
Caminho da Penteada
tel. +351 291 721 220
Prazo/Application deadline: 10-03-2023