Cargo/posição/bolsa/Job: Bolsa de Iniciação à Investigação (BII) - Scientific Initiation Studentship
Área científica genérica/Main research field: Design, Visual Arts, Multimedia and Related Areas.
Área científica específica/Sub research field: User Experience Design (UXD), User Interface Design (UID)
Texto de anúncio
The bioMASK project (M1420-01-0247-FEDER-000052) aims to leverage Madeira's abundant banana production and use the banana stem by-product to design, engineer and produce a mask biodegradable, washable and filter (FFP) rated FFP2 ECDC. The project will use the stems left over from the banana tree after the fruit is grown to build a nanofiber sandwich material, thus taking advantage of the plant's properties to be applied in a medical product. This sandwich material will include banana fibers as an encapsulating material for the cellulose acetate (CA) based nanomaterial.
The successful candidate is expected to work with a multi-disciplinary team of scientific researchers, product designers, material engineers and healthcare professionals with robust participation in desk research, field research, documentation, concept generation, technical evaluation, concept selection and prototyping development of the project.
Requisitos de admissão
Candidates should have the following requirements, skills and competences:
- Enrollment in a BSc (or B.A) in Design, Visual Arts, Multimedia and Related Areas;
- Sketching website wireframes in Manual and Digital medium;
- Adobe Photoshop; Adobe Illustrator; Adobe XD, Adobe After Effects;
- Website prototyping skills;
- Good spoken and written English proficiency are a big plus.
Plano de trabalhos
Web design for BioMask project:
- Support designing the complete web presence for the BioMask project including cross platform communication in desktop and mobile environments.
- Be familiar with current industry relevant tools and techniques for virtual user interface and user experience prototyping.
- Present design proposals in high fidelity for desktop and mobile implementation to the project informatics and development responsible for approvals and improve the final creative design content as necessary.
- Be familiar with the Responsive Web Design (RWD) theory and application.
- Regularly update the web presence of the project as necessary to reflect the project progression and indicated by the project Principal Investigator.
- Direct support in all content design relating to the web presence of the project.
Orientação científica e local de trabalho
Scientific guidance and workplace
This project will be supervised by Prof Shujoy Chakraborty (ITI-LARSyS), the project Principal Investigator (PI); selected candidates are expected to follow the work plan and independently deliver assigned tasks as per deadlines.
Duração da(s) bolsa(s)
Subsídio de manutenção mensal
ARDITI fellowship stipend (486,12 €/month) and regulations are determined by ARDITI:
Accidents insurance is included.
Estimated contract start date:
1st April 2023
Métodos de seleção
The curricular selection process will be based on:
- Educational background and training (40%)
- Technology related skills relevant for the work plan execution (20%)
- Communication and presentation skills, assessed from the CV or from optional interview (40%)
Composição do Júri de Seleção
Prof. Dr. Shujoy Chakraborty
Prof. Dr. Dirk Loyens
Dr. Carlos André
Documentos de candidatura
The following elements should be included in the email:
- Brief description of the candidate’s technical ability and research interest;
- English curriculum vitae.
- Proof of enrollment in a bachelor’s degree or in a non-academic degree course integrated in the educational project of a higher education (if not already available, a sworn statement can be presented mentioning the proof of enrollment).
Forma de publicitação/notificação dos resultados
Announcement of the results
An email message with the result of the recruitment process will be sent to each applicant.
Número de vagas
Instituição de acolhimento
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação.
Data Limite de Candidatura
Application submission and deadline
- The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
- ARDITI is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
Dados de contacto da organização
Organization contact data
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação
Edif. Madeira Tecnopolo, Piso 2
Caminho da Penteada
tel. +351 291 721 220
Prazo/Application deadline: 14-03-2023