1. Descrição do cargo/posição
Researcher in Science and Technology Management with a degree in Sciences (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or related fields) to work at CQM-Madeira Chemistry Research Centre, University of Madeira, Portugal – TOPIC: Demonstration, promotion, and disclosure of science outputs.
Science and Technology Management Grant
Área científica genérica
Main research field
Área científica específica
Sub research field
Chemistry/Biochemistry or related fields
Texto do anúncio (max. 7000 car.)
Job/Fellowship description (max. 7000 char.)
This call is under the scope of the project “M1420-01-0145-FEDER-000005 - Centro de Química da Madeira - CQM+” cofunded by PROGRAMA OPERACIONAL REGIONAL DA MADEIRA 2014-2020 (MADEIRA 14-20).
CQM+ is a project hosted by ARDITI - Regional Agency for the Development of Research, Technology and Innovation (http://www.arditi.pt) and has as direct beneficiary the CQM – Centro de Química da Madeira/Madeira Chemistry Research Centre (http://cqm.uma.pt). The aim of the operation is to strengthen the research and innovation potential of CQM, to increase its critical mass and to strengthen research and innovation in the thematic areas identified as priorities by the Research and Innovation Smart Specialization Strategy of Madeira (RIS3-RAM): "Health and Well-being", "Agro-Food Quality", "Bio-Sustainability" and the "Marine Resources and Technologies".
CQM (http://bit.ly/CQM_spot_2016_English_version) is a national R&D institution supported and internationally evaluated by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT). The research center is hosted by the University of Madeira (http://www.uma.pt), which is located in Madeira Island (http://www.visitmadeira.pt/en-gb), Portugal. The research center performs world-class research in the fields of Natural Products and Materials and is currently reinforcing its research team with highly motivated and qualified researchers coming from all over the world. The recruited personnel will integrate a young, dynamic, and multicultural team focused on the development of new solutions for the improvement of human health, agri-food quality, and bio-sustainability (including the sustainable use of marine resources) aimed at improving scientific knowledge and the well-being of the Society.
This call invites applications for one (1) researcher with a degree in Sciences (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or related fields).
- The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
- CQM is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
Requisitos de admissão
Candidates for this position should have a degree in Sciences (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or related fields). He/she should have a strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team, very good communication and writing skills in Portuguese and English, extensive software skills, internet research capacities and ability to meet deadlines. Experience in events managing and in Science Communication (topics: Chemistry, Biology, and Biochemistry) and fluency (speaking and writing) in Spanish and Mandarin will be valued.
Plano de trabalhos
The candidate may have the following main specific responsibilities:
- Support the CQM program of science dissemination (including preparation of new lab. experiences/videos/flyers/merchandizing);
- Organise on/outgoing visits to CQM;
- Contact with the high-schools, public and private institutions;
- Managing calendars and on-line forms;
- Preparing reports and financial data;
- Support CQM´s internet website and social networks;
- Preparing press releases, and advertisings about the dissemination of science program of CQM;
- Organising the participation of CQM in promotional events (conferences/seminars/course/press conferences) organization;
- Participation in general CQM activities.
Orientação científica e local de trabalho
Scientific guidance and workplace
The successful candidate (M/F) will be integrated into the CQM team and will report directly to Professor João Rodrigues (Head of CQM) assisting him in all the science dessimination aspects and in other related duties.
Workplace will be at CQM - Madeira Chemistry Research Centre (http://cqm.uma.pt), Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal
Duração da(s) bolsa(s)
The successful candidates are expected to join the CQM team by June 2019. The contract will be for 1 year, eventually renewable until the end of the project.
Subsídio de manutenção mensal
€989,70 (Science and Technology Management Grant) free of taxes. Regulations are determined by ARDITI.
Métodos de seleção
Candidates will be evaluated and ranked based on their Curriculum Vitae (maximum 50 points), Degree (maximum 25 points). Motivation letter (maximum 15). The 3 best-ranked candidates will be invited for interviews (online interviews; maximum 10 points).
Composição do Júri de Seleção
João Rodrigues (Ph.D.), Helena Tomás (Ph.D.), Nuno Nunes (Ph.D.), Pedro Pires (Ph.D.) (alternate member of the Jury).
Documentos de candidatura
The applicants should submit a single pdf file containing:
- The Curriculum Vitae highlighting the academic/professional achievements;
- A letter explaining the reasons for the application, namely why he/she has the appropriate profile for the position (motivation letter);
- Qualification certificates in Portuguese or translated into English and certified;
- The contact (email address, professional telephone number, and address) of 3 referees;
- Other supporting documents considered relevant for the evaluation of the application.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation.
Forma de publicitação/notificação dos resultados
Announcement of the results
An email message with the result of the recruitment process will be sent to each applicant.
Prazo de candidatura e forma de apresentação das candidaturas
Application submission and deadline
Deadline for application: 30/04/2019, 17:00 (Lisbon/Madeira Island Time).
Note: The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
Número de vagas
Instituição de acolhimento
CQM - Madeira Chemistry Research Centre (University of Madeira)