A call is open for 1 (one) research assistant at the Enterprise Engineering Lab (EELab) of ARDITI (Funchal, Portugal), under Project DYNAMIC-EGOV (MAC2/5.11a/359), under the following conditions:
Applications closing date: 30-08-2023
Expected start date: 01-09-2023
Duration: 3 months, renewable until the end of the project
Monthly stipend: 930,98 Euros
Job country: Portugal
Job city: Funchal
Job company/institute: ARDITI
Workplace: Enterprise Engineering Lab (EELab), at ARDITI
Main research field: Information Systems
The DYNAMIC-EGOV project aims to promote the use of ICT in the public administration bodies of the Macaronesian governments, improving public services, productivity, and organizational effectiveness, as well as the relationship with citizens, especially in information, procedures, and services. It is intended to promote a transnational cooperation network for the use of ICT and the development of a computer tool for automatic code generation that allows the creation of applications for electronic administration easily and intuitively, enhancing the effectiveness of public services.
DYNAMIC-EGOV also intends to implement a pilot project for the mapping and modeling processes using the methodology and language DEMO (Design & Engineering Methodology for Organizations - http://www.ee-institute.org). The models will then be used for the automatic/direct generation of applications for electronic administration.
This project will take place within ARDITI's Enterprise Engineering Lab (EELab) team that has been focused on the development of the "Dynamic Information System Modeler and Executer" (DISME) platform, using the technologies/frameworks Laravel, Angular, Bootstrap, and SQL and NoSQL DBMSs.
The researcher will collaborate in:
- In the development/extension of DISME platform components, with a focus on the area of Business Intelligence, Big Data, and Automatic Generation of Smart Contracts.
- Integration tests of the Business Intelligence and Big Data components of the DISME platform with existing public administration systems and others.
- The preparation and writing of papers for submission to conferences and journals on Software Engineering, Information Systems, Decision Support Systems, Organisational Engineering, and related areas, referring to the results of this project and initiatives of related research on EELab.
Candidates must meet the following requirements, skills, and competencies:
- Enrolled in a master’s degree in Informatics Engineering or a similar area, with a minimum of 60 ECTS already concluded on that program.
- Experience in decision-support systems.
- Experience in the DEMO standard.
- Experience in Laravel and Angular frameworks.
- Experience in the Hyperledger Fabric blockchain framework.
- Experience with Business Intelligence platforms, preferably in Pentaho.
- Experience in the development of web applications and databases.
The work will be conducted in the EELab, ARDITI (Funchal, Portugal), under the supervision of Prof. David Aveiro.
The scholarship will have a length of 3 months, renewable until the end of the project, with an expected start date of September 1st, 2023.
The student will receive a stipend of 930,98 €/month free of taxes.
ARDITI stipends and regulations are determined by ARDITI
How to apply:
The following elements should be included in the email:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter, explaining how the candidature fulfils the application requirements.
- Proof of enrolment in a master’s degree in Informatics Engineering or a master’s degree in a similar area, including the list of completed course names, ECTS, and grades.
- Certificate of completion of the previous degree, including the course names and grades.
- An optional list of projects (or previous experience) in the area will be a plus.
The curricular selection process will be assessed (on a scale of 0 to 20 values) based on:
- Curriculum Vitae (30%).
- The average grade of the completed courses in the decision-support systems area (20%).
- The average grade of the completed courses of the master’s degree (20%).
- The final grade of the previous degree (15%).
- Motivation to work on the project (15%).
The selection panel may interview the three first classified candidates via videoconference. The interview evaluation ranges from 0 to 20 points on a numerical scale.
In the case of an interview, a weighting factor of 80% is assigned to the grade of the curricular path evaluation, and a weighting factor of 20% to the interview grade.
- President: Prof. David Aveiro, Professor at the University of Madeira
- Member of the Jury: Prof. Sergi Bermúdez I Badia, Professor at the University of Madeira
- Member of the Jury: Mónica da Silva Cameirão, Professor at the University of Madeira
Notification of results:
The final results will be published through an ordered list by the final grade that will be advertised in a visible and public place at the ARDITI, being all candidates notified by email.
- The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination regarding gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC), and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
- ARDITI, a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
· The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice, considering the requirements for the positions under this call.