Cargo/posição/bolsa/Job: Bolsa de Investigação (BI) para Mestre
Referência/Reference: ARDITI – SAFE_RH 007
Área científica genérica/Main research field: Sports Science
Área científica específica/Sub research field: n/a
Texto do anúncio
A call is open for two research fellow at the Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação (ARDITI) of the University of Madeira (Funchal, Portugal) in the Interactive Technologies Institute Research Unit, under the Regional Project M1420-01-0247-FEDER-000067, co-financed by “Madeira 14-20” SAFE: Safe Football Entrance, under the following conditions:
Requisitos de admissão
The ideal candidate would be a sports science professional or a closely related discipline with a background in one or more fields: teaching/training experience, sports performance evaluation and analysis, exercise physiology, and observational system for physical performance experience. Experience in ICT for health, assessment with depth sensors, or full-body tracking technologies on football topics will be a plus.
Applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
- MSc degree or equivalent in sports science or physical education and sports or other relevant disciplines for the project;
- Current or past training experience in collective invasion games, namely soccer or handball;
- Experience in the external and internal training load assessments;
- Experience in testing using global positioning systems (p.e., Statsports - Apex Athlete Series);
- Strong oral and written English communication skills, people skills, the ability to work independently and as a team member, take the initiative and be proactive;
- Willingness to participate and support End—User evaluations in the soccer context.
Plano de trabalhos
The main task for the accepted candidate will be to help with the systematic review of literature on platforms developed for communication in the soccer or handball context (stadium) and the definition of requirements to be integrated into the platform, using a participatory design with fieldwork. Also, the candidate will conduct experimental research supporting End—User evaluations in the soccer context.
Orientação científica e local de trabalho
Scientific guidance and workplace
The candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team of researchers with competencies in both technical and clinical domains. The work will be conducted at ARDITI (Funchal, Portugal), under the supervision of Prof. Élvio Rúbio Gouveia from Interactive Technologies Institute.
Duração da(s) bolsa(s)
3 months, eventually renewable
Subsídio de manutenção mensal
ARDITI fellowship stipend (1144,64€/month) and regulations are determined by ARDITI:
Accidents insurance is included.
Estimated contract start date:
1st December 2022.
Métodos de seleção
The selection process will be based on:
- Motivation letter (10%)
- Curriculum Vitae (25%)
- Previous experience (25%)
- Interview (40%) if there are multiple eligible candidates
Recommendation letters are facultative but can contribute positively to the evaluation. Speaking and understanding Portuguese is strictly necessary as the candidate will for with the local clinical partners and patients.
Composição do Júri de Seleção
Prof. Doutor. Élvio Rúbio Gouveia (President), Prof. Doutora Bruna Gouveia, Prof. Doutor. Helder Lopes.
Documentos de candidatura
The following elements should be included in the email:
- Brief description of the candidate, research ability, and research interest;
- English curriculum;
- Recommendation letters are facultative but can contribute positively to the evaluation;
- Proof of enrollment in doctoral program (enrolled PhD student) or in a non-academic degree course integrated in the educational project of a higher education (if not already available, a sworn statement can be presented mentioning that proof of enrollment, will be presented until 27st of November 2022);
- Degree certificate.
Forma de publicitação/notificação dos resultados
Announcement of the results
An email message with the result of the recruitment process will be sent to each applicant.
Número de vagas
Instituição de acolhimento
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação.
Data Limite de Candidatura
Application submission and deadline
• The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
• ARDITI is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
• The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
Dados de contacto da organização
Organization contact data
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação
Edif. Madeira Tecnopolo, Piso 2
Caminho da Penteada
tel. +351 291 721 220
Application deadline: November 22, 2022