1. Descrição do cargo/posição
Researcher with a Master degree (MSc.) with experience in Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) at CQM-Madeira Chemistry Research Centre, University of Madeira, Portugal
Science and Technology Management Grant (STMG)
Área científica genéria
Main research field
Área científica específica
Sub research field
Texto do anúncio (max. 7000 car.)
Job/Fellowship description (max. 7000 char.)
This call is under the scope of the project “M1420-01-0145-FEDER-000005 - Centro de Química da Madeira - CQM+” cofunded by PROGRAMA OPERACIONAL REGIONAL DA MADEIRA 2014-2020 (MADEIRA 14-20).
CQM+ is a project hosted by ARDITI - Regional Agency for the Development of Research, Technology and Innovation (http://www.arditi.pt) and has as direct beneficiary the CQM – Centro de Química da Madeira/Madeira Chemistry Research Centre (https://cqm.uma.pt). The aim of the operation is to strengthen the research and innovation potential of CQM, to increase its critical mass and to strengthen research and innovation in the thematic areas identified as priorities by the Research and Innovation Smart Specialization Strategy of Madeira (RIS3-RAM): "Health and Well-being", "Agro-Food Quality", "Bio-Sustainability" and the "Marine Resources and Technologies".
CQM (http://bit.ly/CQM_spot_2016_English_version) is a national R&D institution supported and internationally evaluated by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT). The research center is hosted by the University of Madeira (http://www.uma.pt), which is located in Madeira Island (http://www.visitmadeira.pt/en-gb), Portugal. The research center performs world-class research in the fields of Natural Products and Materials and is currently reinforcing its research team with highly motivated and qualified researchers coming from all over the world. The recruited personnel will integrate a young, dynamic, and multicultural team focused on the development of new solutions for the improvement of human health, agro-food quality, and bio-sustainability (including the sustainable use of marine resources) aimed at improving scientific knowledge and the well-being of the Society.
This call invites applications for one (1) MSc. researcher with experience in Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM).
- The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
- CQM is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
Requisitos de admissão
Candidates for this position (“Science and Technology Management Grants”) should have an MSc. degree and, at least 3 years of recognized research experience using SEM. Candidates with shorter experience in the techniques, but with an outstanding Curriculum Vitae in the area of application, may also be considered. Experience in equipment management and maintenance of a Bench SEM Phenom ProX (with EDS) will be valued in the evaluation process.
Plano de trabalhos
The candidate will have the following main specific responsibilities acting under the supervision of Prof. João Rodrigues and Dr. Rita Castro:
- Support the research CQM in the field of natural products and nanomaterials;
- Technical maintenance of the SEM Phenom ProX equipment, as well as optimization, implementation, and updating of techniques and procedures;
- Technical reports preparation;
- Participation in general CQM activities, such as science spreading and conference/course organization.
Orientação científica e local de trabalho
Scientific guidance and workplace
The successful candidate will be integrated into the CQM team headed by Professor João Rodrigues.
Workplace will be at CQM - Madeira Chemistry Research Centre (http://cqm.uma.pt), Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal
Duração da(s) bolsa(s)
The successful candidates are expected to join the CQM team by July 2019. The contract will be for 1 year, eventually renewable until the end of the project.
Subsídio de manutenção mensal
€989,70€ (Science and Technology Management Grant) free of taxes. Regulations are determined by ARDITI.
Métodos de seleção
Candidates will be evaluated and ranked based on their Curriculum Vitae/research activity (maximum 45 points), experience with SEM (maximum 45 points). The 3 best-ranked candidates will be invited for interviews (online interviews; maximum 10 points).
Composição do Júri de Seleção
João Rodrigues (Ph.D.), Helena Tomás (Ph.D.), Nuno Nunes (Ph.D.), Rita Castro (Ph.D.) (alternate member of the Jury).
Documentos de candidatura
The applicants should submit a single pdf file containing:
- The Curriculum Vitae with the ORCID number, RESEARCHID and SCOPUS AUTHOR ID;
- Summary of the scientific and curricular path, with a selection of the main activities and results achieved in the last three years;
- Qualification certificates translated to English and certified;
- A complete list of publications;
- A detailed description of their experience in SEM;
- The contact (email address, professional telephone number, and address) of 3 referees;
- Other supporting documents considered relevant for the evaluation of the application.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation.
Forma de publicitação/notificação dos resultados
Announcement of the results
An email message with the result of the recruitment process will be sent to each applicant.
Prazo de candidatura e forma de apresentação das candidaturas
Application submission and deadline
Deadline for application: 30/04/2019, 17:00 (Lisbon/Madeira Island Time).
Note: The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
Número de vagas
Instituição de acolhimento
CQM - Madeira Chemistry Research Centre (University of Madeira)
2. Dados de contacto da organização
Organization contact data
ARDITI - Agência Regional para o Desenvolvimento da Investigação, Tecnologia e Inovação
Edif. Madeira Tecnopolo, Piso 2
Caminho da Penteada
tel. +351 291 721 220