This call is under the scope of the project “M1420-01-0145-FEDER-000005 - Centro de Química da Madeira - CQM+” cofunded by PROGRAMA OPERACIONAL REGIONAL DA MADEIRA 2014-2020 (MADEIRA 14-20).
CQM+ is a project hosted by ARDITI - Regional Agency for the Development of Research, Technology and Innovation (http://www.arditi.pt) and has as direct beneficiary the CQM – Centro de Química da Madeira/Madeira Chemistry Research Centre (http://cqm.uma.pt). The aim of the operation is to strengthen the research and innovation potential of CQM, to increase its critical mass and to strengthen research and innovation in the thematic areas identified as priorities by the Research and Innovation Smart Specialization Strategy of Madeira (RIS3-RAM): "Health and Well-being", "Agro-Food Quality", "Bio-Sustainability" and the "Marine Resources and Technologies".
CQM (http://bit.ly/CQM_spot_2016_English_version) is a national R&D institution supported and internationally evaluated by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT). The research center is hosted by the University of Madeira (http://www.uma.pt), which is located in Madeira Island (http://www.visitmadeira.pt/en-gb), Portugal. The research center performs world-class research in the fields of Natural Products and Materials and is currently reinforcing its research team with highly motivated and qualified researchers coming from all over the world. The recruited personnel will integrate a young, dynamic, and multicultural team focused on the development of new solutions for the improvement of human health, agri-food quality, and bio-sustainability (including the sustainable use of marine resources) aimed at improving scientific knowledge and the well-being of the Society.
This call invites applications for one (1) researcher with a master's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Materials Science or related fields.
- The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
- CQM is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
Candidates for this position (“Research Grant for Master Degree holder”) should have a master degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Materials Science or related fields. He/she should have a strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team, very good communication skills and ability to meet deadlines. Experience in the use and biomedical valorization of marine resources will be valued in the evaluation process.Workplan
The candidate may have the following main specific responsibilities:
- Development of scientific research under the topic: “Use of marine resources for the development of innovative biomedical products”;
- Preparation of technical reports and scientific publications;
- Participation in general CQM activities, such as science spreading and conference/course organization.
Scientific guidance and workplace
The successful candidate will be integrated into the CQM team headed by Professor João Rodrigues and his/her work will be supervised by a Senior member of CQM with expertise in the field.
The workplace will be at CQM - Madeira Chemistry Research Centre (http://cqm.uma.pt
), Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal
The successful candidate is expected to join the CQM team by December 2019. The contract will be for 9 months (or less, depending on the date of beginning), eventually renewable until the physical execution limit date of the project.
Candidates will be evaluated and ranked based on their Curriculum Vitae (maximum 60 points), research activity during the master degree (scientific/technological production; maximum 30 points), and motivation letter (maximum 10).
João Rodrigues (Ph.D.), Paula Castilho (Ph.D.), Rui Caldeira (Ph.D.), José Câmara (Ph.D.) (alternate member of the Jury).
The applicants should submit a single pdf file containing:
- The Curriculum Vitae with the ORCID number, RESEARCHID and SCOPUS AUTHOR ID, highlighting the academic/professional achievements (including a complete list of publications, as well as poster and oral communications in scientific/technical meetings);
- A letter explaining the reasons for the application, namely why he/she has the appropriate profile for the position (motivation letter);
- Qualification certificates in Portuguese or translated into English and certified;
- The contact (email address, professional telephone number, and address) of 2 referees;
- Other supporting documents considered relevant for the evaluation of the application.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation. Announcement of the results
The ranking list of candidates will be published on the ARDITI and CQM websites (http://www.arditi.pt
). An email message with the result of the recruitment process will be sent to each applicant. Application submission and deadline
Applications should be submitted in English
The specific reference to the call must be indicated in the email subject. The applicants should submit a single pdf file containing all the required documents.
Deadline for application: 25/10/2019, 17:00 (Lisbon/Madeira Island Time).
Note: The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.