The candidate should also have less than 3 years after PhD, a strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team, very good communication skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
The candidate will have the following main specific responsibilities:
- Design interactive entertainment centred around creating awareness about marine megafauna in the Madeira economic exclusive zone.
- Understand and exploit environmental data obtained from oceanographic models and remote sensing to be used in the design and deployment of interactive stories and games.
- To make the bridge between entertainment science and technology within the several teams working with different taxa.
- Preparation of technical reports and scientific publications;
- Participation in general activities, such as science spreading and conference/course organization.
Scientific guidance and workplace
The successful candidate will be integrated into the INTERTAGUA team headed by Professor Nuno Nunes.
The workplace will be at ITI, hosted by ARDITI (https://iti.larsys.pt/), in Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal
The successful candidate is expected to join the INTERTAGUA team at the beginning of May 2021. The contract will be for 3 (three) months, eventually renewable until the physical execution limit date of the project (12/2022).
ARDITI postdoctoral stipend (€1 646) according to the regulations determined by ARDITI:
Candidates will be evaluated and ranked based on their Curriculum Vitae (maximum 50 points), fulfilment of the Admission Requirements; maximum 40 points), and motivation letter (maximum 10 points).
- Doutor Nuno Nunes (Ph.D.) – President
- Doutora Ana Dinis (Ph.D.) - Member
- Doutor Filipe Alves (Ph.D.) - Member
The applicants should submit the following documents:
- The Curriculum Vitae with the ORCID number, RESEARCH ID and SCOPUS AUTHOR ID;
- Motivation letter;
- The documents attesting the academic degree and the diplomas, or the respective recognition when the degrees have been awarded by foreign institutions;
- Summary of the scientific and curricular path, with a selection of the main activities and results achieved in the last three years;
- Other supporting documents considered relevant for the evaluation of the application.