This call is under the scope of the project “M1420-01-0145-FEDER-000005 - Centro de Química da Madeira - CQM+” cofunded by PROGRAMA OPERACIONAL REGIONAL DA MADEIRA 2014-2020 (MADEIRA 14-20).
CQM+ is a project hosted by ARDITI - Regional Agency for the Development of Research, Technology and Innovation (http://www.arditi.pt
) and has as direct beneficiary the CQM – Centro de Química da Madeira/Madeira Chemistry Research Centre (https://cqm.uma.pt
). The aim of the operation is to strengthen the research and innovation potential of CQM, to increase its critical mass and to strengthen research and innovation in the thematic areas identified as priorities by the Research and Innovation Smart Specialization Strategy of Madeira (RIS3-RAM): "Health and Well-being
", "Agro-Food Quality
" and the "Marine Resources and Technologies
)is a national R&D institution supported and internationally evaluated by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT). The research center is hosted by the University of Madeira (http://www.uma.pt
), which is located in Madeira Island (http://www.visitmadeira.pt/en-gb
), Portugal. The research center performs world-class research in the fields of Natural Products and Materials and is currently reinforcing its research team with highly motivated and qualified researchers coming from all over the world. The recruited personnel will integrate a young, dynamic, and multicultural team focused on the development of new solutions for the improvement of human health, agri-food quality, and bio-sustainability (including the sustainable use of marine resources) aimed at improving scientific knowledge and the well-being of the Society.
This call invites applications for one (1) postdoctoral researcher with experience in chemical synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials.
- The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
- CQM is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
Candidates for this position (“Postdoctoral Grant”) should have expertise in chemical synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials, less than 3 years after Ph.D., a strong motivation to work both independently and as part of a team, very good communication skills and ability to meet deadlines. Experience in the synthesis, characterization and functionalization of dendrimers, as well as on in vitro biological evaluation of nanomaterials will be valued in the evaluation process.
The candidate will have the following main specific responsibilities:
Scientific guidance and workplace
- Development of scientific research under the topic: Synthesis, characterization and biological evaluation of nanomaterials;
- Development of new nanomaterials (e.g. polymers) to be used as delivery systems for conventional and nonconventional drugs;
- Preparation of technical reports and scientific publications;
- Participation in general CQM activities, such as science spreading and conference/course organization.
The successful candidate will be integrated in the CQM team headed by Professor João Rodrigues.
The workplace will be at CQM - Madeira Chemistry Research Centre (http://cqm.uma.pt
), Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal
The successful candidate is expected to join the CQM team by March 2020. The contract will be for 12 months, eventually renewable until the physical execution limit date of the project.
Candidates will be evaluated and ranked based on their Curriculum Vitae (maximum 50 points), research activity (scientific/technological production; maximum 20 points), and research proposal (maximum 30 points).
João Rodrigues (Ph.D.), Helena Tomás (Ph.D.), Rui Caldeira (Ph.D.), José Câmara (Ph.D.) (alternate member of the Jury).
The applicants should submit a single pdf file containing:
- The Curriculum Vitae with the ORCID number, RESEARCHID and SCOPUS AUTHOR ID;
- Summary of the scientific and curricular path, with a selection of the main activities and results achieved in the last three years;
- Qualification certificates in Portuguese or translated into English and certified;
- A complete list of publications;
- A brief research proposal (maximum 5000 characters) according the workplan;
- The contact (email address, professional telephone number, and address) of 2 referees;
- Other supporting documents considered relevant for the evaluation of the application.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation.
Announcement of the results
An email message with the result of the recruitment process will be sent to each applicant.
Deadline for application: 31/01/2020, 17:00 (Lisbon/Madeira Island Time).
Note: The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
|Vacant posts: 1
|Type of contract: Information not available
|Job country: Portugal
|Job city: Funchal
|Job company/institute: CQM - Madeira Chemistry Research Centre (University of Madeira)
|Application deadline: 31 January 2020
(The Application's deadline must be confirmed on the Job Description)